- Climb the stairs or take a walk on your break. You may be one of those people who are so busy with work that it is hard to find time to make it to the gym. Make use of your breaks to do stairs or quick walks instead of sitting.
- Try this post-workout protein smoothie. From the beloved book Eat, Drink and Be Gorgeous Project, 2 scoops whey with glutamine in it, 1 cup berries, 1 scoop greens powder or a handful of spinach, water and cinnamon. Blend with ice. Tip!: I always add 1/2 frozen banana for added thickness and flavor.
- Avoid vending machine chips or crackers. Instead 3 or 4 hard-boiled eggs, some celery and 2 tablespoons of almond butter. Healthy protein and fat will help tie you over until lunch or dinner.
- Now is a better time than ever to quit smoking. Start up a workout routine immediately to fight the cravings and get your metabolism working right way.
- Purchase a dark chocolate bar with an above 70% cacao listing on it! It’s almost February and the stores are going to be lined with sweet Valentine treats. This indulgence will provide you with healthy antioxidants and help you avoid some of the more dangerous treats during the Valentine’s Day candy craze.
P.S. Keep an eye out, I will be sharing some random secrets to staying slim and healthy. Please feel free to comment or ask me questions.