Although we can’t control all of what our metabolism does, we can control three important factors in the metabolic process. Below is a quick guide for exercise ideas and some superfoods that can help amp up your metabolism!
Variety is key to boosting your calorie burn from aerobic exercise. Challenging your muscle cells each day with something different like changing the routes you take, increasing duration, and fluctuating intensity.
- Interval training, drastically increasing and decreasing the speed of your workout.
- Up hill and down hill walking
- Bicycling on a different road every time
- Running on a hiking trail
- Always taking the stairs!
Weight training has an even better benefit to our caloric expenditure. It increases our metabolism even after our workout is done! Try and incorporate three to four resistance workouts in each week to get the maximum benefit. Again, variety is important in this type of exercise as well.
- Pushups and other body weight exercises
- Lunges with weight
- Free weights
- Resistance bands
- Stability ball and medicine ball exercises
* If you aren’t sure how to do certain exercises, consider getting a trainer at your gym to lead you through a few workouts. This is the best way to learn how to safely utilize your gym and get the most out of your workout.
Metabolism Loving Foods
Eat more often and incorporate these foods to keep your metabolism on the fast track.
- Oatmeal: Will keep you fuller longer and give your body the energy it needs throughout the day.
- Coffee: Check out my blog titled “Grande Black Coffee Please.”http://www.nutritiousgossip.com/2011/05/grande-black-coffee-please.html
- Water with Ice: Drink throughout the day.
- Green Tea: Try it warm or cold.
- Peppers and Spices: Check out my blog Three C-ecret fat burning spices for more metabolism benefits from spices.
- Green Vegetables: Always reach for the broccoli!