During weight loss, skin needs love and attention just like the rest our body. Many factors can affect how well your skin will react to changes. If you have been neglecting your skin, there is no need to worry. I have a few simple ways to get your skin right on track with your firming figure.
Toss the diet pills and couch potato attitude! Its time to look at weight loss as lifestyle change instead of dieting. Most crash diet weight loss comes from water weight and muscle. This may cause you to lose firmness and loose skin could begin to appear. You may have heard some of these tips before, but they are worth mentioning again.
- Yo-yo weight loss and weight gain
- Fad dieting
- Eating small meals throughout the day
- Eating a variety of nutrients (see next step)
- An exercise routine including strength and cardiovascular exercises
Skin is affected by what we put in our bodies. Eating healthy food gives our bodies the nutrition and hydration it needs to improve skin. Add a few or all of these foods below to help your skin maintain it’s elasticity.
- Sweet potato
- Citrus Fruits
- You know the drill! 8 or more glasses of water per day – I aim for over half my body weight in ounces.
Taking care of your skin can help skin maintain it’s healthy tone and is very important when losing weight. Adding proper skin care to your daily routine in addition to healthy eating and exercise will help your body firm up beautifully from every angle!
- Exfoliate – exfoliate regularly to remove dead skin cells. Doing this will help skin appear smoother and healthier. See the article below for information on how to exfoliate properly.
- Moisturize- apply quality lotions, moisturizers or organic oil like coconut oil on your skin daily to keep skin hydrated just like you keep your body hydrated with water. Use lotions with vitamins in them to enhance the health of your skin. There are even creams that are specifically made to help firm skin. Look for labels with hyaluronic acid.