Hello Just Fit clients and Nutritious Gossip Readers! I love you all and care deeply about your results, therefore I want to help you have a joyful Thanksgiving without ruining all of your hard work. I promise I’m not trying to be an evil trainer and make you suffer over the holidays:) Feel free to enjoy a piece of pie and/or glass of wine …Fill up on turkey and all festive items. That won’t be what undoes your diet, It’s overdoing all of the above and going back for second and thirds because you filled up with the wrong foods. These suggestions below are simply ideas for you, not strict rules that I am forcing on you, but try to keep them in mind on your vacation and I think I you will be glad you did!
Justine’s tips to a successful weight-gain free Thanksgiving!
1. Start your morning off with a walk, jog or weight lifting session. It will boost your metabolism, burn calories and clear your mind for all the food decisions you will have to make today.
2. Make a breakfast or brunch festive smoothie- packed with healthy protein, fiber and fat.
Pumpkin Yum yum smoothie!
2-3 Tbsp pumpkin puree
1 Tbsp almond butter
8 oz of almond, coconut or soy milk
1 frozen banana
Dash of cinnamon, nutmeg, and stevia
1/4 tsp of vanilla
Blend and enjoy and share
3. Continue to eat regular snacks and meals throughout the day to keep your metabolism going. Doing so will also help keep blood sugar steady so you don’t arrive to your Turkey dinner ready to devour everything in site.
4. Dress nice! If you feel confident you will eat confident;)
5. If you are going to a party that you don’t know whats on the menu, take a healthy vegetable dish that you know whats in it. Fill your plate to the brim with it before digging in to the rest of the food. Feeling up on healthy fiber and nutrients will leave less room in the belly for all the unhealthy menu items. Here are some suggestions and recipes to go with it.
I suggest swaping out the sugar with stevia or other natural low glycemic sugar.
-drizzle with sesame or olive oil, and season with your favorite spices.
(I highly recommend using gluten free bread or crackers for the bread ingredients:)
6. If you love LOVE love thanksgiving desserts her are a few ways to dodge a pie disaster. Take your own snacks, like Lara Bars!
- If you love pumpkin pie or lemon desserts plan ahead and get a few Lara Bars- they have a pumpkin and lemon flavored bar that could curb your craving and keep you from going back for a second slice. THey are all natural and made with fruit, nuts and seeds.
- Banana Bread addict? This recipe is for you! Take your own to the party and you will know exactly whats going in your body.
Well thats my list of helpers. I don’t think thats extreme by any means and there really is no saying no here. You are just making healthy swaps to better fit your healthy lifestyle. Try these Thanksgiving day helpers and let me know how it goes for you!
Peace and Love,