Healthy meals before a workout can keep energy levels high, support muscle building and increase weight loss. For all my fellow exercise lovers who deal with stomach problems and fatigue mid-workout this is important info so hear me out! Timing is essential so be sure to eat 1-2 hours before the workout to allow time for partial digestion. Try these pre-workout meals to amp-up your results and beat that mid-workout belly ache.
Meal Idea #1: perfect for breakfast
- Eggs, 1 whole, and 1 white, vegetables of your choice, with hot sauce or salsa.
- 4-6 oz Low-fat yogurt
Meal Idea #2 -can be a great lunch or dinner
- Rice or whole grain tortilla, 4 oz tuna, vegetables of your choice, 1 Tbsp mustard.
- Handful of grapes
1/2 cup Organic rolled oats warmed, with one scoop of whey protein(flavor of your choice), stevia and cinnamon.
***For on your own meal prep work, think about the following tips if you want to try to a build healthy pre-workout meal.
- Healthy fats are so important in your diet but go easy on them before a workout. They are slower to digest which could give you a little stomach ache mid-workout.
- Healthy carbohydrates are important to our energy stores before a workout. So be sure to include them in each pre-workout meal.
- Protein full of branch chain amino acids is essential to protect all of your hardworking muscles during your exercise. Ex. Beef, eggs, milk, yogurt, soy, and powdered proteins
- Water is also essential to keep in mind for your pre-workout, during and post-workout routine. Try drinking half your body weight in ounces to stay hydrated enough during your workout.
- Caffeine is smart as long as you make the right choices. Choose plain and sugar-free options; preferably green tea or black coffee, which would benefit your energy levels without adding extra calories and stomach aggravations.
Please let me know if you have a question about this topic or anything else health and fitness related. Nutritious gossip would love to hear from you!