Activities of Daily Life
The activities that make up your daily routine are burning calories and helping you lose weight. Take advantage of these weight loss opportunities. By increasing the intensity of these activities, combined with exercise and diet, can help you reach your weight loss goals faster.
Here are a few fun changes to increase your daily activities.
1. Walk or move while you watch TV. If you want to add fun movements to your walk, watch a Jessica Smith video on YouTube and walk while you watch TV.
2. Take your dog for an extra walk. I’m sure your dog would love the extra walk and so will your body.
3. Take the stairs. Any chance you get to take stairs rather than an elevator or escalator, go for it! This a great way to also spend your break time while at work. Not only will you be burning calories but you will go back to work with more energy than you had before.
4. Power clean your apartment or home. This is probably one of the best ways to burn extra calories. Turn on some music, put on some comfy clothes and get to work!
- Put some elbow grease into scrubbing your tub. Switch arms so you can work both sides.
- Engage your core as you sweep and vacuum…and everything else you do!
- Make a routine out of dusting. Add jumping jacks or pushups in between furniture.
- Dance to music while you work around your home!
5. Park far from the entrance of the store when shopping. I’ve mentioned this before but this is a painless way to burn extra calories without having to try.
These lifestyle exercises can be a positive part of your life and improve how you feel with every step, dance and cleaning day you have!
Let me know if you have questions. Have a great weekend!
P.S. I have received some feedback regarding the black coffee article. Some people just can’t drink black coffee and that is ok. Here are a couple ways to drink your coffee without breaking the caloric bank.
Switch from a latte to a coffee with milk or dairy free milk. This could decrease calories by the hundreds.
Try using stevia or honey instead of white sugar.
If you want a latte or high-calorie beverage, understand that these calories need to be taken away from something else. So it needs to be considered a part of your meal.